Friday, August 13, 2010

1 Corinthians: Chapter 9

v. 20-21
When I was with the Jews , I lived like a Jew to bring the Jews to Christ. When I was with those who follow the Jewish law, I too lived under the law. Even though I am not subjected to the law, I did this so I could bring to Christ those who are under the law. When I am with the Gentiles who do not follow the Jewish law, I too live apart from the law so I can bring them to Christ. But I do not ignore the law of God. I obey the law of Christ.

Reflection:
In order for us to be able to touch the lives of other people, we must be like them, so that they may let us in. Thus, we may be able to guide them towards the path of God. As we preach God's words, we should not speak of it as how we would understand it, rather we should speak of it in a manner that we think they would understand it. For in that way, they might see the light that leads to God's holiness as we have seen it.

No comments:

Post a Comment